OpenSSH question of server keys on FreeBSD

From: joel d (joelgroup_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/08/05

    Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:26:28 -0400
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I am running into a problem trying to setup OpenSSH 3.6.1 on FreeBSD
    5.3 release. I am connecting via clients (both ssh on BSD and WinSCP
    on Windows).

    When I test the server with "sshd -ddd", I get an error back from the
    server which reads:
    debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

    I have tried creating the above server key many times with no apparent luck.

    The clients connect to the server but the connect time is way over 60
    seconds so I am bummed out. I have looked on the OpenSSH site and
    googled for it but have not found a workable solution.

    Any ideas would be appreciated,

    Thank you,

    Joel