Re: problem with the latest version of ssh

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 04/03/05

    Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:28:51 +1000
    To: "Simon M. C. Butler" <simon@icmethods.com>

    Simon M. C. Butler wrote:
    > I recently started work at a new company and i am unable to ssh
    > into the ssh-upgraded server remotely. Nor will it service http
    > requests from this location.

    Since it's not just SSH affected, it would appear to be network-related.
      My money would be on this:
    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: 5.2p1 no longer sets DISPLAY
      ... client ssh is still 3.9p1 and sshd_config is the same). ... what's happening is that the OS is asked for a list of addresses for localhost and is returning a list that includes the inet6 address, however attempting to bind to it fails. ... Previously sshd would ignore this failure, but that allows third parties to bind to inet6 ports in the X11 forwarding range and potentially hijack X connections. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: need rhosts rsa help
      ... >I'm having problems getting RhostsRSAAuthentication working on OpenSSH ... It appears from the client log that it's not even attempting ... Since you're using SSHv1 you need to make the "ssh" binary setuid root ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: sshd stops accepting connections
      ... Simon L. Nielsen wrote: ... > Today I suddenly couldn't log in via ssh to a server I upgraded to ... > telnetthe following just happend: ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: sftp problems with 3.9 on HP
      ... >ChallengeResponseAuthentication also set to yes that ssh connects just ... $ ssh -v -s sshserver sftp ... against is not in the system's default library search path (ie ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH Advice
      ... Documentation seems a little scarce so any advice, tips, links, ... but that's still a compatibility layer. ... free native SSH servers for Windows. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)