Port forwarding question..

From: Rachan Malhotra (rachan_m_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/29/05

    Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:54:46 -0800 (PST)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Is it possible to control port forwarding from the
    server in a way only ssh -L is allowed from clients
    and not ssh -R ? In other words, I want to allow ssh
    clients to be able to forward their own ports to the
    server but deny remote forwarding server's ports to
    the clients. I am using the latest version of openSSH
    server on Windows XP Pro.

    Any info is welcome.

    Thanks
    Rachan

    • Re: Open Ports
      ... want the ports open even ifs all in house and behind the hardware firewall??? ... it opens up in demo mode. ... server is Cisco Catalyst Express 500 switches for voice over IP. ... will take requests from the clients. ...
    • Re: Mitigate FTP
      ... if you use ssh (server) with scp (in clients) using cryptographic key ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Whos blocking these ports? Please help...
      ... server - one is called Vicomsoft Internet Gateway (proxy server, ... IG basically takes over the TCP/IP routing and does this using ... Each of these ports uses a NIC in the server. ... All the clients are assigned IPs ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: [SLE] nfs server specification
      ... On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 18:26, steve wrote: ... > Both the nfs and ssh methods work but are too slow. ... LTSP has some docs on their page about server requirements. ... I have run 12 clients on a similar ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: X.509 and ssh
      ... >> Is there any effort going on in standardizing the use of X.509 in ... PG> SSH was specifically designed to not require X.509 (which is one ... distributing them every time a server is added, removed, or rekeyed ... and many clients are simply not available for updating ...
      (comp.security.ssh)