Segmentation fault in buffer_append_space for AIX 5.3 for openssh-4.0p1

From: Rob v.d. Wal (robvdwal_at_sara.nl)
Date: 03/22/05

    Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:42:59 +0100
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    For AIX 53 ML01 I'm getting a "Segmentation fault in buffer_append_space at line 85 in file buffer.c" in sshd after typing my password for a new connection to the AIX 5.3 host. Line 85 is "if (buffer->offset == buffer->end) {". Is this caused by an old bug in buffer_append_space?

    Regards
    Rob v.d. Wal