Re: Maximum Authentication Tries

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 03/18/05

    Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:40:25 +1100
    To: Marc Valard <Valard_Marc@cat.com>

    Marc Valard wrote:
    > I'm using the 3.6.1.P2 version of Openssh.
    >
    > I would like to know which is the default Maximum Authentication Tries for
    > this version.

    6 (or rather 7 since it counts from zero).

    > And also if it's possible to possible to modify it.

    In that version, only by modifying the code. In later versions of OpenSSH
    it's a tunable knob (MaxAuthTries) in sshd_config.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: tcsetpgrp()
      ... Which SSH implementation and version thereof are you running? ... On QNX the pty allocation process apparently ... In the next release of OpenSSH, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH Connecting through Firewall
      ... >client to use HTTPS or FTP proxy. ... There is no such option in the OpenSSH ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Adding "X11UseLocalhost no" to /etc/ssh/sshd_config breaks x forwarding
      ... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused ... has been turned off either by Openssh or by Red Hat. ... feature or a bug I am unsure, there are warnings in the man page ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Solaris 9 sshd<---> Cygwin/X ssh Problems
      ... >uses a Solaris box as an sshd server? ... I don't know if this exists in SunSSH but for OpenSSH this can be caused ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Tacacs and OpenSSH
      ... attempting to integrate a Tacacs+ PAM with OpenSSH. ... There's a patch that may help at ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)