netstat from ssh_prng_cmds taking too much CPU on AIX

From: Ronald B. Miller (rbmiller_at_scattered.net)
Date: 03/18/05

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:12:11 -0700

    Hi, Folks,

    I recently installed OpenSSH 3.9p1 on an AIX 5.1 system. Since then we have
    noticed that ssh_rand_helper has started netstat commands (from
    ssh_prng_cmds) that don't finish quickly and cause the CPU to jump to almost
    no idle for extended lengths of time - usually about 20 minutes or so.

    I have commented out the netstat commands in the ...cmds file and wonder if
    anyone has either a warning about doing that or a better resolution to my
    problem. Thanks in advance.

    Cheers,

    -Ron Miller
    rbmiller scattered.net
    Scattered Systems Consulting

    "When the power of love conquers the love of power then the world will know
    peace." - Jimi Hendrix