Help in creating ssh logs.

From: Mukarram Syed (muksyed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/11/05

    Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:57:24 -0800 (PST)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,
    I am trying to upgrade a server running an old version
    of SSH Version 1.2.27 [sparc-sun-solaris2.7], protocol
    version 1.5.
    to the latest version of openssh.
    This server has several accounts that do passwordless
    ssh to other servers. I would like to know which
    servers it does the passwordless ssh to.
    To do this, I think I need to create a ssh log file
    and so when this server attempts a ssh, I probably
    would know which server it's connecting to.
    So the questions I have are:
    1. How do you create ssh logging?
    2. Will the log file show me which servers it's
    connecting to?
    There is some ssh logging my /var/adm/messages file,
    but this does not show the detail I need.

    Help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    -Mukarram Syed.

    Mukarram Syed
    muksyed@yahoo.com

    • Re: Trouble with X11 over SSH on Mandriva 2010.0
      ... If next clean install/update causes ssh to break, ... installed the sshd daemon/service package (OpenSSH Server) on the server. ... correct values for client and server. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)
      ... this was one "result" of the comromised ssh binary at sourceforge. ... a public server of the Apache Software Foundation ... > (ASF) was illegally accessed by unknown crackers. ... > exhaustive audit of all Apache source code and binary distributions ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: FreeBSD Crash without Errors, Warnings, or Panics
      ... I suppose I could run on stable until the driver is fixed in a release branch, but I need this box up and online, and I've always read that the stable branch is not the place for production servers. ... I'm running 6.0-RELEASE-p5 on a Toshiba built server: dual Xeon Intel motherboard with a LSILogic MegaRAID controller. ... Also, some network ports still respond, like a telnet to port 22 to test SSH will yield an SSH banner, but trying to connect with SSH just hangs. ... The box runs a web-based app and connects to a local Postgres DB which seemed to be unable to start new connections being requested by the PHP scripts. ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • Re: restrict ssh access
      ... > We have one ssh server which receives about 6000 failed attempts to ... > unsuccessful login attempts per client IP address? ... the remote server is also running OpenSSH. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH as root
      ... Subject: SSH as root ... but it doesn't require having a key on the server that could be ... If they compromise a server, and the passphrase, etc. is there, they only ... private key to anyone. ...
      (SSH)