OPENSSH Question

From: Salas, Jose L (SalasJL_at_LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM)
Date: 03/03/05

    Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:59:25 -0700
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Hi, We are in the process of implementing 15 HP Integrity Itanium
    servers
    Running HP-UX 11.23 and We would like to know if OpenSSH will work fine

    Like is working now on all the HP 9000 servers running HP-UX 11.11.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Jose Luis Salas, M.E.
    EDS UNIX Team @ StorageTek

    Office:(303) 661-5774
    Page: (877) 705-5928
    Mail: jose.salas@eds.com
           jose_salas@stortek.com
           8777055928@my2way.com

    • Re: is one SSH better then the other?
      ... My company is rolling out SSH to all the servers ... both F-Secure and OpenSSH are open source in the sense that both ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Agent Forwarding Question for the list
      ... Most of the documentation I found suggests it's possible to do this, and I can already do it with ssh-3.2.9-1 on our old setup. ... I was determined to ask the experts in case it was a common mistake or something that simply is not possible under openssh. ... Say in the ideal setup for development servers I'd have a cronuser, scriptuser, monitoruser, cvsuser, and root all configured with my public key and that I could jump in and out of each not only from my own Linux Desktop, but through each user to each user on other servers in the development chain. ... After reading all the documentation and FAQs I could find, I had assumed ssh-agent on the desktop and agent forwarding on the servers would be sufficient, but something is blocking the forwarding, or I'm way off and this isn't how it's meant to work. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Upgrading OpenSSH
      ... > As it stands right now, I have two OpenBSD 3.3 servers that I need to ... > point me in the right direction of how I can update my OpenSSH packages ... Killing the parent sshd process doesn't disconnect your current ...
      (SSH)
    • Agent Forwarding Question for the list
      ... I have looked through the archives and googled this pretty thoroughly, I'm having a tough time finding someone else who has asked the same question previously. ... There's a lot of information about openssh, but surprisingly little detail about port forwarding. ... I made users and keys with openssh instead of using the old ones, put them in the accounts I wanted to jump to on multiple servers. ... I can put the password in and it works, but I think at this point it should be forwarding the key. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Upgrading OpenSSH
      ... >>How would you go about upgrading OpenSSH on over 400 servers? ... >>did that with an install script I wrote one by one. ... We are mostly Sun Solaris shop with some HP's AIX and of course Linux. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)