Re: Réf. : openssh-3.9p1 on Solaris 8

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 02/26/05

    Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:44:22 +1100
    To: ervanborren-ext@airfrance.fr

    ervanborren-ext@airfrance.fr wrote:
    > What's the matter with openssh3.9p1 during make tests !
    > I confirm, it is not a problem with X509.

    You're using the x.509 patch, but the test fails with a vanilla 3.9p1
    distribution too?

    > It's OK for 3.7.1p1 but not 3.9p1.

    The multiplex capability is new and wasn't in 3.7x.

    > root@qvgdisy3 # make tests
    > run test multiplex.sh ...
    > test connection multiplexing: envpass
    > test connection multiplexing: transfer
    > scp: failed copy /bin/ls

    It's probably not this but make sure /bin/ls is world readable.

    The regress tests normally work fine, but when they don't it can be tricky
    to figure out why.

    Start by running the test on its own. From the regress dir, run something
      like this (this is from README.regress with a few extra options):

    $ PATH=`pwd`/..:$PATH:. TEST_SHELL=/bin/sh TEST_SSH_TRACE=yes \
         TEST_SSH_SSHD_CONFOPTS=LogLevel=DEBUG3 sh -x test-exec.sh `pwd` \
         multiplex.sh

    You may also want to remove the ">/dev/null 2>&1" from the command lines
    in multiplex.sh.

    You can also change the "LogLevel QUIET" in test-exec.sh to "LogLevel
    DEBUG3" and check your syslog.

    If it's not apparent what's failing then please open a bug at
    bugzilla.mindrot.org so it can be tracked.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.