ssh_exchange_identification

From: Asif Iqbal (iqbala-secureshell_at_qwestip.net)
Date: 02/17/05

    Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:38:43 -0500
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi All

    I am running OpenSSH_3.7.1p2-pwexp24 (I know it is old) on Two Solaris 8
    system.

    When I try to connect to the server from the client almost every third
    or forth time I get this error in debug

    debug1: identity file .identity type 0
    ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
    debug1: Calling cleanup 0x41954(0x0)

    Both server and client running the same OpenSSH. There is no
    /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} file on the server. This problem is intermittent
    as I mentioned.

    I am not using NIS. The /etc/nsnswitch.conf file for hosts is

    hosts files dns

    In the /etc/hosts of the server, I placed the ip/hostname of the client
    just in case.

    I have only one entry in the ipf.conf file related to ssh on the server
    like this

    pass in quick proto tcp from any to any port = 22 flags S keep state

    The traceroute from either side ends to other pretty quick, so there may
    not be any network issue. I have installed this same
    OpenSSH_3.7.1p2-pwexp24 on 20+ servers. This is the only server that is
    acting up.

    I did some google search and did not really find any solution for it.

    Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated

    --
    Asif Iqbal
    PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

    • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
      ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
      (comp.object)
    • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
      ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: Server refusing connection.
      ... the command line through my PuTTY client, but I cannot load the URLs ... I need some assistance to figure out why my ssh server is refusing my ... debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA ... Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • This is going straight to the pool room
      ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
      ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
      (Full-Disclosure)