Re: Compiling troubles on linux

From: Atro Tossavainen (atossava_at_cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: 02/17/05

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 05:53:30 +0200 (EET)

    Jon,

    > Aha. Apparently, the configure script is somewhat broken in that it can't
    > seem to use openssl libs if they're not already known to ld.

    No, configure is not broken. Your idea of how it should work is. This
    is not specific to OpenSSH - this applies to everything using the GNU
    autoconfiguration tools. When you have libraries and their corresponding
    include files in unusual places, defining LDFLAGS, CFLAGS and/or CPPFLAGS
    accordingly is what you should be doing.

    --
    Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
    Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,