Re: sshd closing connection on reception of username

From: Peter Robinett (peterr_at_uchicago.edu)
Date: 02/16/05

    Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:43:30 -0600
    To: Darren Tucker <dtucker@zip.com.au>

    Thanks for the reply. A manual power cycle ended up doing the trick.
    Looking through /var/log/messages I see a lot of messages (much more
    than normal) from Shorewall (a firewall managing iptables) before the
    power cycle and none afterward. I think the problem was shorewall
    becoming misconfigured and cutting off ssh connections, rather than
    anything with sshd.

    Peter