RE: PKA on OpenSSH on Cygwin

From: Robert L Sowders (rsowders_at_usgs.gov)
Date: 02/12/05

    To: Dan Franks <Dan.Franks@Ticketmaster.com>
    Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:10:19 -0800

    Start the daemon on the windows box from the command line with the -d
    flag, as the same person who starts it from services.

    This should put it in debug mode and then connect from your source with
    something like ssh -vv. Study the output of both the daemon and the
    client for clues. Most of the time it's a permissions problem on the .ssh
    directory.

    At least the debug output will show you what's going on with the daemon
    and the client.

    Dan Franks <Dan.Franks@Ticketmaster.com>
    02/11/2005 10:58 AM

            To: Robert L Sowders <rsowders@usgs.gov>
            cc: secureshell@securityfocus.com
            Subject: RE: PKA on OpenSSH on Cygwin

    Cool. That helped. I have the key authenticating but as soon as it tells
    me welcome back it disconnects me. I thought it was a permissions issue
    but I can login with a password so I don't see how that could be it. Any
    ideas?