PKA on OpenSSH on Cygwin

From: Dan Franks (Dan.Franks_at_Ticketmaster.com)
Date: 02/10/05

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:09:04 -0800

    Hello all,

    Quick question. Am I correct in my understanding that private key
    authentication can not be performed for any account except the account the
    openssh service is run under? I am referencing this text:

    "Cygwin has some limitations with regard to PKA. PKA on the server can only
    be set up on the account under which the SSHD daemon (service) is run. That
    means for PKA logins, the connection will always log in as the 'sshd'
    account on the remote server. If you desire access to your own account, you
    will have to run 'ssh ' and enter a password, assuming you have previously
    established your account on that server."

    on Drew Hunts' guide to Setting up Secure Shell with Public Key
    Authentication Capability on Cygwin.

    Thanks in advance,
    Dan