Re: Hostkeys for Interfaces?

From: Martin Schröder (ms_at_artcom-gmbh.de)
Date: 02/09/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:22:11 +0100
    To: "Liste: SSH" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    On 2005-02-09 16:18:25 +0200, Alexander Klimov wrote:
    > Frankly, I dont sure I understand the problem, so just several
    > ideas about it:
    >
    > AFAIK hostkey couples with the name the client uses for ssh, e.g.,
    > `ssh 127.0.0.1' and `ssh localhost' introduces two different hostkeys.
    >
    > I think it is quite reasonable that if several hosts make a cluster
    > (that is cleint should not be able to distinguish among them) then
    > they should share the hostkey (and hostname).

    The client should not be able to distinguish them if it uses the
    service (e.g. cvs). If it wants a specific server, it should be
    able to identify it.

    Best regards
            Martin

    --
                   Martin Schröder, ms@artcom-gmbh.de
         ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany

    • Re: Troubles with setting OE6 as a default email client in XP
      ... > and I can't add it because I dont have administrator's rights. ... See if you can check on your settings from a command window. ... > wanted to say is that I can't make my default client neither OE nor OL. ... >> I have problem with setting OE6 as a default email client. ...
    • Re: 419-eater
      ... Its obvious we dont ... | My deceased client lived most of his life time in Nigeria and took here as ... | the Surviving relatives of my deceased client becomes the benefactor. ... | fund for arms/ ammunition to further enhance the course of War in Africa ...
      (soc.culture.zimbabwe)
    • Re: Cisco VPN Connection Problems
      ... machine on client site. ... So when the tunnel is established, ISA dont ... the issue was solved but I am very interesting to replace Cisco ... > customer... ...
      (microsoft.public.isaserver)
    • Re: make combo auto go to item
      ... I dont understand what you are talking about. ... "fact" (i.e., includes the client number). ... Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor ... start entering data into the other combo i want ...
      (microsoft.public.access.forms)
    • Re: Simple eCommerce application
      ... reasonably straightforward walkthrough? ... Dont know about the group - but to me its clear your going to try and do ... big problem is getting them to do exactly what your client wants. ...
      (uk.net.web.authoring)