Re: Hostkeys for Interfaces?

From: Martin Schröder (
Date: 02/09/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:20:16 +0100
    To: "Liste: SSH" <>

    On 2005-02-07 12:23:40 +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:
    > But it would be even nicer if one could use a different hostkey
    > for different interfaces, since the cvs server will always run
    > on a special ip address. Is this possible now or is such a patch
    > likely?

    Thanks to those pointing towards solutions with multiple sshds,
    but that's not what I really want.

    sshd_config(5) mentions the possible of having multiple host key
    files -- does that mean one sshd can have multiple (different)
    host keys?

    Best regards

                   Martin Schröder,
         ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany
              Voice +49 421 20419-44 / Fax +49 421 20419-10

    • Usinage loopback addresses
      ... I'm doing some interesting port forwarding, ... I can have multiple copies listening on separate ports, ... - different copy of app, host key #2 ...
    • Re: OpenSSH option to set default hostkey directory?
      ... jfkfcia> currently using, however. ... It's not a "host key;" a host key is the key used to authenticate the ... can be multiple ones to try. ...