Re: sftp virtual users question

From: Bob Rasmussen (ras_at_anzio.com)
Date: 02/01/05

    Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:52:40 -0800 (PST)
    To: Lukasz Chruszczyk <lch@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Lukasz Chruszczyk wrote:

    > Helo
    > 1.Is it possible to prevent a user to get access to shell (by means of
    > ssh),
    > but give him/her access to sftp (or scp)
    > 2.Is it possible to manage users independently for ssh and sftp(scp)
    > subsystems?
    > 3.Documentation about sftp-server subsystem is very poor? Where can I get
    > more info?

    First, I assume you're talking about OpenSSH's implementation; is that
    right?

    You are right that there is very little configurability. You might want to
    force a particular directory as the user's home directory for SFTP
    (different from their login directory). You might also want to restrict
    their navigation.

    As far as I can tell there is no way to do this with OpenSSH's
    implementation. This would be a good area for someone to expand upon.

    Regards,
    ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
     company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
                fax: (US) 503-624-0760
                web: http://www.anzio.com

    • Re: sftp virtual users question
      ... > but give him/her access to sftp (or scp) ... > 2.Is it possible to manage users independently for ssh and sftp ... > 3.Documentation about sftp-server subsystem is very poor? ...
      (SSH)
    • sftp virtual users question
      ... but give him/her access to sftp (or scp) ... 2.Is it possible to manage users independently for ssh and sftp ... 3.Documentation about sftp-server subsystem is very poor? ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Batch job to perform sftp transfer
      ... It relies on copying datasets to temporary HFS files ... I used /bin/cat with ssh so that I could transfer the data and pipe it to ... The IBM version of sftp doesn't support datasets, ... Batch job to perform sftp transfer ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: [opensuse] what networking file system to use for our home office?
      ... SSH server on Your "server" and from Your clients connect using SFTP or ... You can login using SSH ... certificates or just let clients' computers to remember passwords. ... I usually sit at university, so I have good connection, but even from home ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: secure file transfer FROM z/OS
      ... FTPS. ... SSH SFTP. ... This is supported by z/OS Ported Tools - OpenSSH. ... better native z/OS features than Ported Tools SSH ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)