How do I share a tunneled X server?

From: Brown, David A. 'CONTR' (BrownD_at_tacom.army.mil)
Date: 01/31/05

To: SecureShell <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:57:31 -0500

How do I share a tunneled X server?

I want another user on the workstation to share the tunneled X server.
Using standard X, I would normally issue an "xhost +" command. But, this
doesn't work with ssh tunneled X servers. Is there another way?

Also, when I ssh in I get a message warning me that ssh is creating fake X
authority.

The ssh client is Open SSH v 3.8p1c. The ssh server is Open SSH v 3.7.1p2.

David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trouble with X11 over SSH on Mandriva 2010.0
    ... If next clean install/update causes ssh to break, ... installed the sshd daemon/service package (OpenSSH Server) on the server. ... correct values for client and server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)
    ... this was one "result" of the comromised ssh binary at sourceforge. ... a public server of the Apache Software Foundation ... > (ASF) was illegally accessed by unknown crackers. ... > exhaustive audit of all Apache source code and binary distributions ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD Crash without Errors, Warnings, or Panics
    ... I suppose I could run on stable until the driver is fixed in a release branch, but I need this box up and online, and I've always read that the stable branch is not the place for production servers. ... I'm running 6.0-RELEASE-p5 on a Toshiba built server: dual Xeon Intel motherboard with a LSILogic MegaRAID controller. ... Also, some network ports still respond, like a telnet to port 22 to test SSH will yield an SSH banner, but trying to connect with SSH just hangs. ... The box runs a web-based app and connects to a local Postgres DB which seemed to be unable to start new connections being requested by the PHP scripts. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: restrict ssh access
    ... > We have one ssh server which receives about 6000 failed attempts to ... > unsuccessful login attempts per client IP address? ... the remote server is also running OpenSSH. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH as root
    ... Subject: SSH as root ... but it doesn't require having a key on the server that could be ... If they compromise a server, and the passphrase, etc. is there, they only ... private key to anyone. ...
    (SSH)