Re: Problem compiling openssh 3.9p1 on Solaris 8

From: Mattias Larsson (mattias.larsson_at_lm.se)
Date: 01/27/05

    To: "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com>
    Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:26:50 +0100

    Hi there, after further checking I can see that I use gcc 3.3.2, zlib
    1.2.1 but openssl 0.9.7e which here is a difference. We do have the
    random patch applied and openssl works as expected.

    I have tried with several different configure parameters including
    with-ssl-dir but no difference. I'm just lost here.

    // Mattias

    Tay, Gary wrote:

    >The error line seems to say something about random device.
    >
    >For Solaris8, have you applied 112438-3 (or 102439-02?) random device patch which is required by OpenSSL? or use prngd instead? www.sunreeware.com has documentation of building OpenSSH:
    >
    >http://www.sunfreeware.com/openssh.html
    >(Note: sunfreeware doc seems to suggest the use of libgcc 3.3.X)
    >
    >Your "configure" line for OpenSSH should also have "--with-ssl-dur=/usr/local/ssl" specified. A typical example:
    >
    > ./configure --with-pam --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl
    >
    >For the latest OpenSSH source compilation, usually I also try to use the latest zlib, though not a real MUST.
    >
    >I have OpenSSH 3.9p1 built on Solaris8 box, I am using gcc 3.3.2, OpenSSL 0.9.7d, zlib 1.2.1.
    >
    >Gary

    • Two build issues with 1.8.4..
      ... My intention is to build a completely static ruby, ... If you build openssl with zlib support, then Ruby's ext/openssl extension will not build. ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Re: Two build issues with 1.8.4..
      ... If you build openssl with zlib support, then Ruby's ext/openssl extension will not build. ... Note, if your libssl.a is build *without* zlib, Ruby does attempt to build ext/openssl. ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Re: OpenSSH 3.7.1p1 Linux, Gcc 3.3.1 etc.
      ... > as soon as it was release, but I'm still experienceing the same problem. ... entirely hand-built Linux, or what? ... > specifed the dirs where I installed zlib and openssl but still no go.. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: [Fwd: [Ruby 1.9 - Bug #4530][Open] trunk "make check" gives "cannot load such file --
      ... I tried to update this issue in Redmine but got "Internal error -An error ... The problem was that the headers for openssl and zlib were not available ... A clean shadow build of trunk and a "make check" produces "cannot load ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Mutt and openssl from port
      ... I'd like Mutt to use zlib compression when connecting to pop3s. ... openssl in base doesn't support zlib. ... I installed openssl port from package ...
      (freebsd-questions)