Re: SSH with a central host list?

From: Kai Howells (kai_at_rocketcat.info)
Date: 01/19/05

    Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:29:02 +1100
    To: John Horne <John.Horne@plymouth.ac.uk>

    Try the ssh client from SSH Communications Security (ssh.com):

    http://www.mirrors.wiretapped.net/security/cryptography/apps/ssh/SSH/
    SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.9.exe

    or the exact same url: http://tinyurl.com/zmyq

    You can save sessions with it, and then select the bookmarks from a
    list.
    Should do what you want.

    Cheers,
    Kai

    On 19/01/2005, at 3:01 AM, John Horne wrote:

    > Many thanks for the replies to my question. I admit that I may not have
    > explained it too well, but using the DNS is not what I meant, although
    > accept that in effect we would be reverting to a host file (albeit a
    > specific list of hosts).
    >
    > Some people suggested that putty may do this - I could not see how.
    > Others suggested securecrt, which again I had looked at, but could not
    > see how this could be done.
    >
    > The use of host keys, certificates etc is not what is required, all
    > that
    > is wanted is a text file containing a list of host names. In much the
    > same way that all (?) ssh clients at some point ask for the host to
    > connect to and the user types a host name in. In our case we want a
    > host
    > list to be looked at and a drop-down menu to be offered so that the
    > user
    > can select the host.
    >
    > I'll take another look at putty and securecrt.
    >

    > John.
    >
    > --
    > John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
    > E-mail: John.Horne@plymouth.ac.uk Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839

    • Re: MS XP or FreeBSD Problem
      ... when this host C is moved to my side of the firewall/Nat server I do. ... FreeBSD to FreeBSD or host D to A, ... >> are obtained using Cygwin and the ssh client for Cygwin and MySQL. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • SSH windows 2003 AD: TGS vs TGT
      ... We are exploring possibilities for integrating Windows AD / Unix hosts. ... KDC: Windows 2003 AD ... This welcomes everyone who has TGS for my host and valid PASSWD file ... Security patchs for SSH Server / SSH Client in future. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • SSH windows 2003 AD: TGS vs TGT
      ... We are exploring possibilities for integrating Windows AD / Unix hosts. ... KDC: Windows 2003 AD ... This welcomes everyone who has TGS for my host and valid PASSWD file ... Security patchs for SSH Server / SSH Client in future. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Tunneling to a third host
      ... SJ> i am on a windows box using ssh.com's ssh client (will call it ... my linux box (host) at work does not have a open port to ... SJ> what i want to do is forward port from client through gateway to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH with a central host list?
      ... Others suggested securecrt, which again I had looked at, but could not ... The use of host keys, certificates etc is not what is required, all that ... connect to and the user types a host name in. ... John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK Tel: ...
      (SSH)