Re: problems connecting from Windows

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 01/11/05

    Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:08:02 +1100
    To: jww1066@gmail.com

    James Wilson wrote:
    [...]
    > In summary: ssh/telnet/putty/winscp from Windows to
    > the router always times out, ssh/telnet from Linux to
    > the router always succeeds. So it appears to be a
    > Windows/Linux problem rather than a local/remote
    > problem.
    >
    > Here's the funny part: this problem first appeared
    > when I installed a new a 3c2000 gigabit ethernet card.
    > Using my old 10 megabit 3c900 card makes this whole
    > problem go away.

    Are the MTUs different? If so, see:
    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Confusing gateway/FW project - need help bad!
      ... ...all boxes have internet as well as intranet access. ... address" setting in the router enabled but disable DHCP on the LAN. ... I was going to change it over to Linux eventually anyhow, ... I have eth1 removed from the box as I figured I'd get eth0 ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Networking problems (again) tough one
      ... The problem *only* occurs on my Linux machines. ... DNS numbers, ... all systems start working again whether setup manually or with DHCP. ... If theu are shoing good, and yet things dont work, you may have a misconfigured router. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: uCLinux on Samsung S3C4510B (ARM7TDMI) based wireless router
      ... serial port or printer port, ... linux or further. ... > router, access point and print server, all at the same time, preferably ... > and openap-ng) options as well as uCLinux. ...
      (comp.os.linux.embedded)
    • Re: 56k dial up on laptop 802.11G ?
      ... >>> Linux firewall is not a firewall... ... NAT router? ... traffic can be set like it can be set for packet filtering like they can be ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Comcast & Routing
      ... You want to use a router with a built-in hub/switch. ... > web from the Windoze box (all my email etc. will go to the Linux box). ... experiment with setting up and running a proxy server. ... Comcast network need their own IP address. ...
      (RedHat)