hostbase auth

From: Arno A. Karner (maillist_at_tnss.com)
Date: 12/27/04

    Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:51:22 -0600
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I've been digging around ands haven't stumbled on to a howto to take the
    insecure hostbased auth of rsh, rlogin, rcp and convert that to a secure
    ssh hostbased auth system, I find fragments here and there, but nothing
    that deals with hosts with multiple interfaces. I find mentioning of
    problems with short host names vs fqdn. And that problem will certianly
    multiply with multiple interfaces on different sub nets. So is there
    some faq, howto that would address these issues?

    thanks in advance
    Arno A. Karner