backup procedure

From: Gunnar Ahlberg (gunnar_at_gunnarahlberg.com)
Date: 12/21/04

    Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:23:47 +0100 (CET)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi all,

    I'm fairly new to this list so please point me in the right direction if
    I'm on the loose.

    However, I'm not that new to SSH but I have one question.
    Where can I find documentation about backing up the sshd configuration?
    I'm in the process of moving my existing server to a new physical machine.

    Can I move the /etc/ssh/* files to the new server? The new machine will
    have the same configuration and the same server name on the DNS but it's
    own actual hostname (we'll do some dns link magic behind the scene)

    I would like this to ensure that the users don't see that the server has
    changed.

    /G

    http://www.gunnarahlberg.com