Re: Can't login

From: Andrew Afliatunov (andy_at_taom.ru)
Date: 12/14/04

    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:02:40 +0400
    To: Darren Tucker <dtucker@zip.com.au>

    Darren Tucker wrote:

    >> I use pam-ldap authentication for ftp users, so I have this in
    >> nsswitch.conf:
    >> --
    >> passwd: files ldap
    >> shadow: files ldap
    >> group: files ldap
    >

    > Does the crash occur if you remove ldap?

    When I replace nsswitch.conf with original one, containing
    passwd: compat
    group: compat
    no crash occures, I can login and use SFTP. But, of course, ldap users
    can not connect via FTP.
    On another machine (Solaris 7) I have nsswitch.conf with ldap entries,
    but ssh login and sftp work fine there.

    --
    Andrew

    • No more logins after upgrade to deb 5.0
      ... After upgrading from Debian 4.x to 5.x without any further configuration attempts my LDAP Authentication configuration fails. ... If an LDAP Administrator resets that users password and/or as long their ldap password is not expired the user can login anywhere just fine. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • LDAP password authentication/modification schemes
      ... We are considering using LDAP to replace NIS+. ... SSL to encrypt the client to LDAP server transactions. ... authentication would be required for login, ... understand the servers responses and/or provide the appropriate responses to ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
    • Unable to properly login with cached password using libpam-ccreds
      ... I'm trying to setup my ldap clients to cache their passwords so they are able to login if the network connection to the ldap servers go down. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • JNDI/LDAP Zugriff: Messages des Directories abfragen
      ... Dabei wird auf das LDAP Directory (IBM Directory Server ... wenn der Login z.B. 9 Tage vor Ablauf des Kennworts erfolgt. ... dafür irgendwelche Methoden an die ich über den DirContext herankomme? ...
      (de.comp.lang.java)
    • Sid libpam-ldap, pam.d files
      ... I'm working on trying to get local and remote logins via ldap on a ... included common-* files for passwd, session, auth and account. ... snippit from the slapd logs regarding ACL's and a failed login attempt. ... account sufficient pam_ldap.so debug ...
      (Debian-User)