Re: Problem with AllowUsers?

From: Harald Nesland (maillists-hn_at_interweb.no)
Date: 12/09/04

    Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:05:22 +0100
    To: Eric Wagar <eric@deadhookers.org>

    Eric Wagar wrote:
    > AllowUsers esw, sidekick
    >
    > As you can see, the other user has my public key also. So, for the time
    > being, I have a backdoor.
    >
    > Now, why can't I get in as myself, esw?

    Hi!

    You can't separate users with comma, only spaces.

    I would also recommend to use the AllowGroups instead, and create a
    "ssh"-group so you add users to the group.

    *AllowUsers*
    This keyword can be followed by a list of user name patterns, separated
    by spaces. If specified, login is allowed only for
    user names that match one of the patterns. '*' and '?' can be used as
    wildcards in the patterns. Only user names are valid;
    a numerical user ID is not recognized. By default, login is allowed for
    all users. If the pattern takes the form USER@HOST
    then USER and HOST are separately checked, restricting logins to
    particular users from particular hosts.

    Cheers,

    Harald Nesland

    --