Re: port forwarding

From: Greg Norris (haphazard_at_kc.rr.com)
Date: 12/04/04

    Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:49:02 -0600
    To: Rainer Lay <rainer.lay@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>

    Yes, Linux (and Unix) servers use shared sockets by default... no
    redirect should occur, unless you throw Multi-Threaded Server (MTS) into
    the mix. It's a more robust implementation than on Windows, however, in
    that you can stop the listener without affecting remote connections
    (again, assuming no MTS).