Re: Can't login

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 12/04/04

    Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 10:27:05 +1100
    To: Andrew Afliatunov <andy@taom.ru>

    Andrew Afliatunov wrote:
    > I installed openssh-3.9p1 on linux machine (web). Didn't change any of
    > configuration files (this worked on other machines), and can't login.
    > Wnen I try to login on localhost (for testing purpose) in rlogin session
    > #> ssh u0100659@web

    What kind of Linux machine? (ie which distribution and version?
    "Linux" covers an awful lot of ground). How was OpenSSH configured?
    (In particular, did you enable PAM and if so, what does the PAM config
    look like?)

    There's nothing obvious in the log you provide, I suggest running the
    server in debug mode on another port (eg "/path/to/sshd -ddde -p 2022"
    the connect with "ssh -p 2022 yourserver").

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Great SWT Program
      ... which is where the configuration files ... are shared by all machines. ... won't be apparent. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: Anyone using a Cantar for over-the-shoulder work
      ... If you are working 1 x boom 2 x radios, and a couple of camera mics, ... far easier on your back than either Cantar or Deva. ... This makes it very quick indeed to change from one configuration to ... due - these machines are so lean on power that I find it incredible. ...
      (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
    • Re: Advice required for training room setup
      ... # Interface IP Configuration for "Local Area Connection" ... We also use a lot of virtual machines. ... > - Restore trainer's machine to latest Software A image, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
    • Re: Publishing Software...
      ... > Are the users on the machines in question, members of the local Administrators group?? ... It will install on some and not on others. ... > User Rights configuration was completed with one or more errors. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Windows XP-Pro without activation ???
      ... This machines are obsereved and manipulated from a "industrial ... We deliver the printing machine and the ... The current (Windows NT) image and PC configuration was ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)