Re: port forwarding

From: Robert Hajime Lanning (robert.lanning_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:27:53 -0800
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    no, he has the direction right.

    "l" has direct access to "w" (database). "r" is remote somewhere with
    the client
    utilities.

    He is on "l", ssh'ing to "r" to run the client utilities on "r", that
    need the tunnel
    back to "l", so it can talk to "w".

    I think his issue maybe that the client utilities are trying to
    connect to a well
    known port (1521), while he has ssh listening on 11523.

    --
    END OF LINE
           -MCP