Re: port forwarding

From: Robert Hajime Lanning (robert.lanning_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:27:53 -0800
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    no, he has the direction right.

    "l" has direct access to "w" (database). "r" is remote somewhere with
    the client
    utilities.

    He is on "l", ssh'ing to "r" to run the client utilities on "r", that
    need the tunnel
    back to "l", so it can talk to "w".

    I think his issue maybe that the client utilities are trying to
    connect to a well
    known port (1521), while he has ssh listening on 11523.

    --
    END OF LINE
           -MCP

    • Re: What is The SSH?
      ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
    • SSH TCP forwarding: works with v1, not with v2 ssh
      ... that they're setting up the tunnels with no problem, ... I can get to the work ssh daemon: ... debug1: Connections to remote port 65002 forwarded to local address palimpsest:22 ... something answers (if I get "connection refused" there's no listener); ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: SSH TCP forwarding: works with v1, not with v2 ssh
      ... >that they're setting up the tunnels with no problem, ... >I can get to the work ssh daemon: ... > debug1: Entering interactive session. ... > Connection closed by foreign host. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: sftp over two connections
      ... from there I log onto LIN and I can work on the console. ... > X tunneling works as well, and I tunnel additional ports to control ... > connection be tunneled through SSH so that I could mount LIN's ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: PPP VPN solution over ssh tunnel?
      ... I run an ssh tunnel home from work all day long. ... I could run a traditional VPN connection ... but it worked for some things socks proxy did not. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)