Re: X forwarding and X11UseLocalhost

From: Michael J. Barillier (mbarilli_at_midsouth.rr.com)
Date: 12/02/04

    To: Lars Rehe <lrehe@awi-bremerhaven.de>
    Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:03:09 -0600

    >>>>> "lr" == Lars Rehe <lrehe@awi-bremerhaven.de> writes:

        lr> Check if you activated UsePamEnv in your sshd_config. If
        lr> activated, edit /etc/security/pam_env.conf and comment the
        lr> following two lines out:

        lr> REMOTEHOST DEFAULT= OVERRIDE=@{PAM_RHOST} DISPLAY
        lr> DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}:0.0 OVERRIDE=${DISPLAY}

    So that's the source of problem. I didn't think of checking PAM.
    Works like it's supposed to now. Thanks!

        lr> Original posting on forums.gentoo.org:
        lr> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1823616

    Guess I wasn't searching the fora with the correct set of strings - I
    didn't see that post. Doh.

    --
    Michael J. Barillier               | ``When you have to shoot, shoot.
    <blackwolf(at)shadizar.dyndns.org> | Don't talk.''