Re: Failed none

From: Alexander Klimov (alserkli_at_inbox.ru)
Date: 12/01/04

    Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:42:03 +0200 (IST)
    To: Mikael Chambon <mikael@srs-consulting.biz>

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Mikael Chambon wrote:
    > Just notice an error that I've never seen
    > from openssh in my logs:
    > Dec 1 03:27:28 mx sshd[743]: Failed none for mxadmin from 192.168.3.3 port 4321 ssh2
    > Dec 1 03:27:37 mx sshd[743]: Accepted password for mxadmin from 192.168.3.3 port 4321 ssh2
    >
    > What does "Failed none " means ?
    It means that somebody tries to use authentication method called "none" and
    failed to authenticate this way. Since this "somebody" use the same host and
    port as on 03:27:37 most probably it is your client first try to authenticate
    this way.

    --
    Regards,
    ASK

    • Re: Cant scp from HPUX to AIX
      ... I know you've already looked at them, but can you provide some of what the logs are ... > asks me to authenticate, I type in the password and after three attempts ... If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any ...
      (SSH)
    • Interesting problem with OpenSSH v3.9p1, MIT Kerberos authenticating against Active Directory
      ... I seem to have run into a road block getting my Linux machines to ... authenticate against AD when coming in through OpenSSH. ... place using Kerberos, then I get the following error from the ssh daemon: ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: 802.1x with non cached password and profile
      ... successful authentications in Radius logs. ... This is exactly what I want: machines are authenticate and able to receive ... "For the best security, though, when a user logs on to the workstation, the ...
      (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
    • Re: authenticating both the peers
      ... authenticate both the peers. ... I will post with the logs here after. ... server) sends config-rej to the config-req packet with the pap ... You forgot to tell it how to authenticate the far side. ...
      (comp.protocols.ppp)
    • Re: BOINC again !? -- BINGO, BINGO and BINGO
      ... authenticate, then you have to be logged in to do it (or you have to ... User B comes along and logs in as ... on the WPA mode? ... Clemson University Math Sciences ...
      (Fedora)