Re: X forwarding and X11UseLocalhost

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 11/29/04

    Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:14:28 +1100
    To: "Michael J. Barillier" <mbarilli@midsouth.rr.com>

    Michael J. Barillier wrote:

    > dt> Before you go poking around in the sshd source check that
    > dt> "xhost add" doesn't do the localhost->hostname mapping (from
    > dt> memory, I think some will do that).
    >
    > I hadn't been using xhost - that's the rub. With X11UseLocalHost
    > DISPLAY on the remote side should be set to `:10.0' or something
    > similar (depending upon the setting of X11DisplayOffset, which
    > defaults to 10) and I won't need to allow the remote host access via
    > xhost.

    Oops, make that "xauth" not "xhost".

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: OK, so who was that!!!
      ... Colin Blackburn wrote: ... judgement. ... Half a memory, I remembered his first name and recognized his surname on Wikipedia - Neil Nunes, I think. ... He's not on the Beeb's presenters website at the mo and they seem to have done away with mentions of continuity announcers or newsreaders, ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)
    • Re: Reccomend a socket 939 mobo with excellent usb reliability?
      ... more luck than judgement?) ... new stick of RAM into an awfully designed case design where the ... memory ends up behind part of the hard disk caging. ...
      (uk.comp.homebuilt)
    • Re: Buying an old iPhone 3G
      ... speeds is something along the lines of 400Mhz vs 600Mhz. ... I'm pretty certain the memory is the major speedup like you said ... Good judgement comes from experience. ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Re: OK, so who was that!!!
      ... Liz3Turn wrote: ... judgement. ... He did a series on the drugs trade. ... I can't remember his name but I'm sure someone with a memory will be along in a minute. ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)