Re: Two minor requests to all participants

From: Alexander Klimov (alserkli_at_inbox.ru)
Date: 11/26/04

    Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:20:19 +0200 (IST)
    To: Atro.Tossavainen@helsinki.fi

    Hi.

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Atro Tossavainen wrote:
    > First of all, would everybody please post from a valid address.
    Probably it is for some other list, but is not it impossible to send from the
    address which is not subscribed?

    > Also, if somebody feels it is necessary to operate autoresponders of
    > any kind, would they please make sure the autoresponder won't reply
    > to messages from mailing lists.
    I agree that it is better if people turn off vocation and similiar but probably
    it is unrealistic to expect this. Fortunately, there is simple work around:
    create a temporary address, subscribe it to the list and use it for the list
    exclusively so that everything you got which does not belong to the list (check
    List-Id or List-Post) can be safely forwarded to /dev/null (this include
    autoreplies as well as spam).

    --
    Regards,
    ASK