ssh version of ruserok()

From: Timothy Sirianni (tds_at_sgi.com)
Date: 11/10/04

    Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:08:17 -0600
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    Is there a replacement for ruserok() which uses ssh to authenticate the
    user instead of rsh?

    I've searched for an answer to this question for a couple of days now.
    I find a few places where others have asked the exact same question,
    but no replies of any kind.

    If this is a dumb question, would someone be kind enough to point out why?

    Thanks,
    Tim Sirianni
    Silicon Graphics, Inc.

    • Re: Windows GSSAPI ssh connection via cross-realm authentication problems
      ... I think you misunderstand the role of Kerberos here. ... If the SSH service is in realm ... The non-Windows KDC needs to trust any user ... kdcadmin user's home directory and that one can authenticate just fine. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: rsh via ssh?
      ... things like rsh or ssh. ... On unix platforms, ... Find a SSH client for Windows that is usable on command line ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: ssh problems
      ... I have a Woody box running ssh. ... won't authenticate the password. ... Initialised zlib decompression ... Session password prompt ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Help: rsh without password
      ... I use rsh as a communication. ... I use RHEL 3, user is root user. ... Use ssh instead. ... Webmin is a browser based admin tool that works on just about every ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Question regarding using RSH protocol (not binary) over SSH
      ... servers to use SSH instead of RSH and so forth. ... this third party tool makes use of the raw RSH protocol ... The Automated Test Suite provider - They have a distributed load ... Persuade the company to rewrite their test suite to handle ssh. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)