avoiding 'authenticity' prompt

From: David T-G (davidtg-openssh_at_justpickone.org)
Date: 11/10/04

    Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:15:19 -0500
    To: OpenSSH Users <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Hi, all --

    We use ssh as part of our batch scripts and occasionally come across a
    machine we haven't visited before and get hung up.

    Within this network we can trust and believe all machines, so I would
    like to set a flag that causes the new host key, whatever it may be, to
    be added to the known_hosts file and we move on.

    Can this be accomplished without taking apart the program and modifying
    the source code?

    TIA & HAND

    David T-G

    • Intermittent non-responsiveness of system
      ... Over about a month I have experienced occasional non-responsiveness from my system. ... Whereas previously I thought the system had hung, today my system resumed from where it left off after about 10 minutes. ... During this period of inactivity I was able to ping the nics on the BSD box from another machine on the network, but was unable to ssh into it. ...
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Is NAT in OpenBSD PF UPnP enabled or Non UPnP?
      ... >> I start by not giving logins and SSH access to users I don't trust. ... a network topology which goes around the ... >> firewall and thus is a serious hole to network security. ... >> have access via UPnP to, well, anything that device might happen to ...
    • Re: Security Breached
      ... I have a typical home network that looks like this: ... on both the DMZ and port forward questions. ... I have the vnc port blocked at the router so I presumed it was safe to ... they done it port forwarding over SSH (if your assumption of only SSH ...
    • Re: Questions on some wierd /var/log entries
      ... How do I find out if I'm on an ipv6 network? ... That is because I prefer using iptables directly. ... then you should start learning about its firewall ... Another important restriction for ssh is to authenticate by certificate ...
    • Re: use ipchains to block all ports > 60,000
      ... Now what version of ssh is ... Put the suggested hub between the box and the internet, ... >> By temporarily breaking the network connection and inserting a hub ... evidence of users you know not of appearing on ...