Re: SSH Not Working

From: Bob Rasmussen (ras_at_anzio.com)
Date: 11/09/04

    Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:32:58 -0800 (PST)
    To: David Sugar <dsugar@alum.hws.edu>

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David Sugar wrote:

    > I have a serious problem and need help. I am trying to run ssh and continue
    > to get the error "daemon() failed" whenever I try to start it. Does anyone
    > have any ideas of what I can do to fix this problem. Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > By the way I am using SuSE 9.1 and its version 3.8p1 of sshd

    You can start sshd with, I believe, "-d" parameter(s) to cause it to give
    debug information. Then you can see what is causing the problem.

    Regards,
    ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
     company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
                fax: (US) 503-624-0760
                web: http://www.anzio.com