SSH Not Working

From: David Sugar (dsugar_at_alum.hws.edu)
Date: 11/09/04

    Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:31 -0500
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I have a serious problem and need help. I am trying to run ssh and
    continue to get the error "daemon() failed" whenever I try to start it.
    Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this problem. Any
    help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    By the way I am using SuSE 9.1 and its version 3.8p1 of sshd

    • Re: What is the correct procedure to config sshd service?
      ... My client box is Windows server 2003, the ssh tunnel is putty. ... from the suse side, ... service is enabled (chkconfig sshd on; ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • [SUMMARY] Re: Solaris 8 - SSH
      ... It turned out the ssh daemon had never started in the background ... from inetd. ... I run sshd daemon in inetd so the sshd process will not show in ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: firewalld
      ... I see I am going to need this daemon. ... I forgot to shut off sshd. ... Just shut off ssh for good. ... Just close the door instead! ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: firewalld
      ... I see I am going to need this daemon. ... I forgot to shut off sshd. ... Just shut off ssh for good. ... Just close the door instead! ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: [opensuse] Fedora 9 and Suse 11.0 ssh do not work together
      ... Ssh does not work between F9 and Suse 11.0. ... from f9 to Suse times out. ... Check the SUSE system - sshd running, port 22 open, sshd listening on ...
      (SuSE)