Re: port forwarding and oracle

From: C. Linus Hicks (lhicks_at_nc.rr.com)
Date: 10/22/04

    To: Chris Cheshire <ccheshire@bigredwire.com>
    Date: 22 Oct 2004 15:38:04 -0400

    On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 22:37, Chris Cheshire wrote:
    > Has anyone got port forwarding to work with an oracle database?
    >
    > I have OpenSSH 3.9p1 on my database server (Oracle 8i running Solaris
    > 2.6) and my client is a PowerBook (running OSX 10.3.5) with OpenSSH
    > 3.6p1 (I wish apple would update this) and when I try to set up the port
    > forward the connection (using java thin client drivers) through it times
    > out. Running the following from the client :
    >
    > ssh -v -L 2521:dbserver:1521 user@dbserver

    I don't know about thin client, but when I did this with SQL*Net or
    Oracle Net, I had to use Connection Manager. I'll bet the same is true
    for you. See this URL:

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oraclenet/htdocs/cman_overview.htm

    Or you can look up the documentation in the Oracle9i Net Services
    Administrator Guide (or whatever version you are using).

    --
    C. Linus Hicks <lhicks@nc.rr.com>

    • RE: ADO.Net Connection Pooling Problem with Oracle
      ... the CLR is releasing the connection to your database. ... the number of database sessions in Oracle seem to ...
    • RE: SOS! ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE && MSs Bug??
      ... not connected to ORACLE && MS's Bug?? ... > but sometimes returning the following exception "ORA-03114: ... > when loosing the connection with the Oracle database server the connections ... > even after the connection with the database server has been restore. ...
    • RE: SOS! ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE && MSs Bug??
      ... not connected to ORACLE && MS's Bug?? ... > but sometimes returning the following exception "ORA-03114: ... > when loosing the connection with the Oracle database server the connections ... > even after the connection with the database server has been restore. ...
    • RE: SOS! ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE && MSs Bug??
      ... not connected to ORACLE && MS's Bug?? ... > but sometimes returning the following exception "ORA-03114: ... > when loosing the connection with the Oracle database server the connections ... > even after the connection with the database server has been restore. ...
    • Re: Connecting to ODBC DB at startup
      ... Creating an Oracle connection in an independent object ... Dim cnConn As ADODB.Connection ... Dim strDB As String ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)