Re: Controlling ssh from an external program

From: Jerry (juanino_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/22/04

    Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:19:40 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Patrice.Gonthier@alcatel.fr

    that I don't know. It appears search.cpan.org is down
    now, but go there and look at the man page online for
    Net::SSH::Perl to see the capabilities of it. I'm
    also not sure how hard it is to get it to work on
    windows.

    --- Patrice.Gonthier@alcatel.fr wrote:

    > Hello Jerry,
    > I have almost the same problem
    >
    > I need to launch a SSH agent and SSH add and I would
    > like to give the
    > passphrase as input (without human interaction) to
    > the SSH-add.
    >
    > Do you think NetSSH can help me for this.
    >

    > PS: Unfortunately, for this I am running on a
    > Windows.
    >
    > Thank you for your help
    >
    > Patrice
    >

    > Jerry <juanino@yahoo.com> on 21/10/2004 22:10:35
    >

    > To: jander@hundredacrewood.org,
    > secureshell@securityfocus.com
    > cc:
    > Subject: Re: Controlling ssh from an external
    > program
    >

    > Oh yes, use perl and Net::SSH::Perl from CPAN.
    >
    > It's a pain to build--> many, many requirements, but
    > it works very nice for this type of thing. It's a
    > complete ssh implementation, you don't even need
    > openssh to install it I believe. It can do things
    > like go interactive, pass username/password, return
    > good return codes, stderr, stdout, etc.
    >
    > Contact me off-list if you need help building it.
    > It's easier to build on linux than Solaris. But
    > I've
    > used it on both.
    >
    > Jerry
    > QX19
    >
    > --- Jeff Anderson <jander@hundredacrewood.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi -
    > >
    > > I am working on a linux remote administration
    > tool,
    > > and I would like to be
    > > able to control ssh/scp via an external program. I
    > > know the standard answer
    > > to this is to use expect, however this is NOT an
    > > option.
    > >
    > > The next standard answer is to use an empty
    > > passphrase or ssh-agent, but I
    > > cannot guarantee that the remote system will have
    > > keypair, so I need to be
    > > able to fallback on password authentication if
    > that
    > > fails. The controlling
    > > program needs to be able to feed the password to
    > > ssh/scp.
    > >

    > > Additionally, I can only use an unmodified version
    > > of openssh (i.e. whatever
    > > version is available on the system that the admin
    > > tool is run from).
    > >
    > > Any ideas?????

    > protection around
    > http://mail.yahoo.com

    http://vote.yahoo.com

    • Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail
      ... AOL and Yahoo will still accept e-mail from senders who have not ... their AOL address books will not be treated as spam. ... e-mail, which, because of spam and worries about online scams, has ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Re: Junk mail is horrendous
      ... problem we are having with junk mail. ... account for most of the spam. ... Then get a free address at Yahoo or one of the many places online that ... spam that often comes with signing up for things online, ...
    • Online Daters Sue Matchmaking Sites For Fraud
      ... & Gignac LLP, which brought the suit. ... Match "promotes the policies of integrity to protect members, ... Yahoo spokeswoman Rochelle Adams said the company had no comment on ... online dating industry has slowed, ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Re: Blue screen in Fedora
      ... > screen as of Windows. ... > rolling sand watch that used to give a way to ... > I'd like to know at least how to let ssh go through. ... > Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Microsoft offers $44.6B for Yahoo
      ... Yahoo, offering Yahoo shareholders cash or stock. ... MS needs to compete against Google ... MS to expand in areas of video, mobile services, online commerce, and ... Microsoft Makes Grab for Yahoo ...
      (misc.news.internet.discuss)