Logging attempted passwords

From: David Vestal (dv_secfocus_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 10/21/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:12:57 -0700

    Is it possible to have sshd log the passwords and times of failed logins? If
    so how to I need to change my config to do so?

    I am running OpenSSH 3.5p1 on a linux server.

    David

    • Re: Logging attempted passwords
      ... DV> Is it possible to have sshd log the passwords and times of failed logins? ... DV> so how to I need to change my config to do so? ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Are there any good online discussion forums for help with IOS configs?
      ... I have already submitted a config to this newsgroup but no response. ... you said something about getting packets out. ... removing the passwords. ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Multiple EIF Configuration File
      ... Our internal security protocols require passwords to change ... In addition to this we change other config information in our ... containing connection strings with passwords and one with other ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.enterprise.tools)
    • Re: Watchguard Firebox II lost passwords?
      ... whilst a cross-over cable is connected between any two ports. ... config software, and to get this from Watchguard website you need a ... >I have inherited a Watchguard Firebox II that has no administration ... can I re-set the passwords and logins? ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Cisco Router Config with a T1 Internet line
      ... my router, I know there are software that can decrypt it, so basically ... nothing I posted is real except the config. ... many version of an image file for a particular router and feature sets. ... I certainly aggree with obfuscating passwords but when doing it to IP ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)