Blocking ssh but not sftp/scp

From: Shane I. Hoffman (shoffman_at_westervillelibrary.org)
Date: 09/29/04

    Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:50:15 -0400
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    I looked around and around and couldn't find a good answer for this. I
    tried something sneaky and it seems to have worked...I can't determine
    why it works or if it has done something flaky with security...I was
    wondering if anyone could tell me...

     I've added a few lines to the skeleton bash_profile:

    if [ -f /bin/superchunk ]; then
      exit
    fi

    where /bin/superchunk is simply an empty file that exists and is
    readable.
    ...or maybe is there an easier way of doing this? :)

    Shane

    Shane Ian Hoffman
    Computer Services Librarian
    Westerville Public Library