Multiple modes? throught one connection

From: Tim Nelson (tim.nelson_at_webalive.biz)
Date: 09/13/04

    Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:09:39 +1000 (EST)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

             Hi all. I often want to scp a file somewhere and then run it. At
    the moment, I have to do an scp followed by an ssh (in a script) so I
    need to type the password twice. Is there a way of linking the two
    together somehow so that it will, through the one connection, trnasfer the
    file, and then run the command? If so, is there somewhere that I can
    find documentation on how to do this?

             Thanks,

    --
    Tim Nelson