Multiple modes? throught one connection

From: Tim Nelson (tim.nelson_at_webalive.biz)
Date: 09/13/04

    Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:09:39 +1000 (EST)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

             Hi all. I often want to scp a file somewhere and then run it. At
    the moment, I have to do an scp followed by an ssh (in a script) so I
    need to type the password twice. Is there a way of linking the two
    together somehow so that it will, through the one connection, trnasfer the
    file, and then run the command? If so, is there somewhere that I can
    find documentation on how to do this?

             Thanks,

    --
    Tim Nelson
    Server Administrator

    • Re: pppd pty equivilent in FBSD
      ... I let pppd manage retries & setting routes. ... >I wouldn't personally recommend vpn over ssh for anyone either, ... I'm the sole bsd user at my company, and the ppp over ssh ... >Actual bash script I call: ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: [kde-linux] Sessions names
      ... ssh 192.168.2.80??? ... You can write a wrapper script that would start ssh to some ip and rename the ... konsole session dynamically. ... dcop call to konsole you need to know the pid of konsole. ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: Hacker activity?
      ... >login to a server, most as root but some are attempts to login to ... >telnet, all come from the same remote server, and all fail. ... >getting some odd cgi calls to a script on a secure ssl server. ... Make sure root cannot login to your system via ssh. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Learning Expect - Some help with a straightforward script + advice on cleaner ways to do thi
      ...  This is the first script of a few to go across multiple servers, but basically I have a very, very, very outdated hosts file that needs to be updated, as well as servers whose ... This script is used to ensure servers are up and running. ... # Need a way to check for an ssh time out/hang on connect ... # - Checking if the ssh session is connecting and then getting term'd ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: Ive been hacked...tips for a postmortem?
      ... > for keywords, like the email address in the `mailme' script, see if it ... www.openssh.com) That SSH1 is not to be used for anything other than ... SSH at all. ... an SSH vulnerability is to place in your startup scripts (usually rc.M, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)