Re: running sftp without login via ssh ?

MBuselli_at_cccis.com
Date: 09/10/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:05:31 -0500

    Thorsten Hofrichter <thholr@gmail.com> wrote on 09/07/2004 10:06:59 AM:

    > Is it possible to run sftp without having someone be able to login via
    > ssh. We want to use sftp over the internet but dont want anyone to be
    > able to get a regular login prompt via ssh. Is there a way to turn
    > login in via ssh off but keep the sftp server up ?
    > any help would be great.

    Have you looked at scponly? If you haven't, take a look. If you have,
    then please explain how it doesn't suit your needs.

    http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/

    --
    Michael Buselli

    • Re: Batch job to perform sftp transfer
      ... It relies on copying datasets to temporary HFS files ... I used /bin/cat with ssh so that I could transfer the data and pipe it to ... The IBM version of sftp doesn't support datasets, ... Batch job to perform sftp transfer ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: [opensuse] what networking file system to use for our home office?
      ... SSH server on Your "server" and from Your clients connect using SFTP or ... You can login using SSH ... certificates or just let clients' computers to remember passwords. ... I usually sit at university, so I have good connection, but even from home ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: secure file transfer FROM z/OS
      ... FTPS. ... SSH SFTP. ... This is supported by z/OS Ported Tools - OpenSSH. ... better native z/OS features than Ported Tools SSH ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: SPAM sudden increase
      ... up ssh for some sftp session and saw something odd... ... Dude was on a tech call with f-secure and the tech asked, "So, are you ... To which the dude replied, "Yeah, I'm ...
      (alt.2600)
    • Re: SFTP is not working
      ... When I try to use sftp or scp2, I get a message like this: ... sftp and scp2 both actually work by running ssh in a subprocess, ... The reason the shell startup files are relevant at all, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)