REQ: SSH behaviour dependent from the connecting client

Gianluca.Capitani_at_esa.int
Date: 09/09/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:22:53 +0200

    Hello,

    I'm currently trying to configure a couple of our ssh servers in a way that they
    will be able to provide only sftp service for all the
     users (with chroot) if the request is not coming from a well defined set of
    hosts (3 ? 4 machines). On the other hand, if the connection is coming from this
    limited set of hosts, the sftp-only or ssh-sftp will be permitted on a user
    basis.

    Something like:

    if [ SSH Client = trusted_host ]
    then
       Normal SSH behaviour
    else
       ONLY sftp with chroot for everybody
    fi

    Is this feasible? If yes, how this behaviour can be reached?

    Thank you in advance to all the people will help me.

    Gianluca