SSH hanging

From: Johnson Jeba Asir (squidjohnson_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:07:46 -0700 (PDT)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello all,

    I'm facing a new kind of problem with SSH
    (OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL
    0x0090602f) . I have a Linux 7.2 system with firewall
    (iptables v1.2.5). Previously it was accepting
    connection from other ips. But Now i'm able to connect
    to the system. But I'm able to see only small outputs
    (like ls, cat/less small files). If i'm trying to see
    large outputs the ssh session hangs forever (like ls
    -al cat /var/log/messages). What may be went wrong ?.
    I tried reinstalling the entier system. Still the
    problem exists. kindly point me some documents/ a way
    to solve this problem

    Thanks in advance

    Regards,

    John

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    • Re: Questions on some wierd /var/log entries
      ... How do I find out if I'm on an ipv6 network? ... That is because I prefer using iptables directly. ... then you should start learning about its firewall ... Another important restriction for ssh is to authenticate by certificate ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: FC3 traffic cant get thru firewall
      ... time with the Linux firewall since upgrading FC2->FC3. ... going to say, its blocking port 22... ... SSH just stops authenticating. ... Its almost as if the iptables is allowing the port ...
      (Fedora)
    • iptables leaves 80/tcp `open ...why?
      ... a linux firewall protects the DMZ & internal lan from the Internet. ... I only wish 22/tcp (SSH) to be allowed into the firewall itself, ... iptables -N bad-if ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Boot order iptables problem?
      ... being able to ping the firewall server but I can surf the WWW. ... I have it running then re-run my iptables set-up script I lose the ... ability to ping or SSH the firewall server. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Blue screen in Fedora
      ... > screen as of Windows. ... > rolling sand watch that used to give a way to ... > I'd like to know at least how to let ssh go through. ... > Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (Fedora)