SSH hanging

From: Johnson Jeba Asir (squidjohnson_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:07:46 -0700 (PDT)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello all,

    I'm facing a new kind of problem with SSH
    (OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL
    0x0090602f) . I have a Linux 7.2 system with firewall
    (iptables v1.2.5). Previously it was accepting
    connection from other ips. But Now i'm able to connect
    to the system. But I'm able to see only small outputs
    (like ls, cat/less small files). If i'm trying to see
    large outputs the ssh session hangs forever (like ls
    -al cat /var/log/messages). What may be went wrong ?.
    I tried reinstalling the entier system. Still the
    problem exists. kindly point me some documents/ a way
    to solve this problem

    Thanks in advance

    Regards,

    John