Re: how to force an ssh client timeout

From: k l (yoda_2732002_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/07/04

    Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:42:27 -0700 (PDT)
    To: tanwy@comp.nus.edu.sg

    Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I do not
    have control over the heterogeneous remote
    servers(I am working with a distributed systems
    testbed).

    I need to do this on the ssh client side e.g. if I
    can not log into a given machine in 10 seconds
    I want to terminate/close the connection and move
    on to the next machine. Please note that you may
    get/establish
    a TCP connection to the remote server but it
    may, for some reason, just stay/hang there and
    you may not be able to log in(I do not have
    control over the sshd servers and how they are
    configured). In about 2 hours the default TCP timeout
    usually takes care of the problem but this is way
    too long -- I would prefer a faster solution.

    issue(http://www.mail-archive.com/ssh@clinet.fi/msg04695.html).