Re: Execute shell without auth

From: Greg Wooledge (wooledg_at_eeg.ccf.org)
Date: 09/07/04

    Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:43:00 -0400
    To: Bgs <bgs@bgs.hu>

    On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:20:23PM +0200, Bgs wrote:
    > The aim is not to find a way to encrypt communication between client and
    > server. The aim is to migrate the server program from standard telnet
    > connection to standard ssh connection. (Allowing to make plain ssh
    > connection to the server using whatever ssh client or OS one likes to use).

    Some of the public nethack servers have started doing this. You might
    want to look into them and see how they've approached the problem.

    Take a look at:
    http://nethack.ctrl-alt-del.ca/
    http://www.nethackgear.com/
    http://nethack.devnull.net/
    http://www.nicolaas.net/erebus/index.php

    • RE: Suggestions please for what POP or IMAP servers to use
      ... Suggestions please for what POP or IMAP servers to use ... not the author of the IMAP standard and probably was in diapers ... I agree with your sentiment that, "who can use a server that no client can ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Email Problems SBS 2003 R2
      ... I have recently rebuilt a SBS 2003 R2 standard for a new client who ... The server is SBS 2003 R2 standard and currently unpatched (I will ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Is there an intra-machine pseudo instant messenger?
      ... MAC OSX can be set up to do that with the native client, and Thunderbird also works on OSX. ... Hell set up a special pop server at HQ and give everyone a mail account on it. ... After all standard code exists to create daemons open sockets and pop up dialogue boxes in most application level libraries. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Suggestions please for what POP or IMAP servers to use
      ... least have issues) with an IMAP server that goes purely by the rules. ... not the author of the IMAP standard and probably was in diapers ... I agree with your sentiment that, "who can use a server that no client can ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: thousands of request in one port per second
      ... i am working on client server model. ... sending request in thousands in number. ... We handle standard C, ...
      (comp.lang.c)