Re: how to force an ssh client timeout

From: Senthil Kumar (senthilkumar_sen_at_hotpop.com)
Date: 09/06/04

    To: "k l" <yoda_2732002@yahoo.com>
    Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:04:48 +0530

    Hello,

    Im using OpenSSH 3.8.1 and the directive TCPKeepAlive of ssh for the same
    purpose as u noted.Hope this helps.

    TCPKeepAlive : Specifies whether the system should send TCP keepalive
    messages to the other side. If they are sent, death of the connection or
               crash of one of the machines will be properly noticed.
    However,this means that connections will die if the route is down
    temporarily, and some
              people find it annoying.The default is ``yes'' (to send TCP
    keepalive messages), and the client will notice if the network goes down or
    the remote
              host dies. This is important in scripts, and many users want it
    too.To disable TCP keepalive messages, the value should be set to ``no''.

    Regards,
    Sen.