Need help with an ssh connection

joseph.eoff_at_molear.de
Date: 08/26/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:36:32 +0200

    Hi.

    I have an open ssh connection between two of my servers. The two machines
    are linked across the internet via DSL.

    The proble I have is that I opened the connection from the remote machine,
    and then drove back home intending to use the open connection to VNC to the
    remote machine to do some work on the remote machine from the machine in my
    office.

    I screwed up the port forwarding, so VNC isn't getting passed through. I
    can't work on the remote machine from here.

    I know from experience that an ssh connection will survive an sshd restart,
    so what I am looking for is a way to get the sshd to make the port forwarding
    changes from here.

    Is there any way to make sshd and Putty (Putty is on the remote machine) set
    up port forwarding from the remote machine to the local machine without
    having to drive back to the remote location? I won't be able to get back
    over there for a few days, and I really need to work on some things over
    there.

    • Re: can I rsync on UDP?
      ... rsync makes an ssh connection to the remote machine and starts up a version ... of rsync on that remote machine to connect the two together. ... That can be either tcp or udp.(Not sure how it decides which to ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Run an X app on remote machine
      ... > How can I run an X app on a remote machine through an SSH connection? ... > the process AND display to run on the remote machine. ... Log into remote as username using xdm/kdm, ...
      (comp.os.linux.x)
    • Re: Run an X app on remote machine
      ... > How can I run an X app on a remote machine through an SSH connection? ... > the process AND display to run on the remote machine. ... Log into remote as username using xdm/kdm, ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • minmssoverload
      ... running the postfix command: postsuper -svv on a remote machine with a large queue caused the ssh connection to drop. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: ssh & port 22 problem
      ... ssh & port 22 problem ... > When I try to connect from a remote machine to my one at home ... If you have a home router between your linux box and the net you ... you need to check that sshd is running on your system. ...
      (Fedora)