Host keys after cloning

From: Ugo Bellavance (
Date: 08/26/04

    Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:56:26 -0400

       I just cloned a server to save install time, but now I realize that
    the ssh host key is the same for every server. That makes sense since I
    cloned them, but I was wondering if that was insecure, and how to
    regenerate them.

    • Re: DHCP server in base
      ... install time, and with a modest amount of effort can install prebuilt ... BIND is library based, so 90% of the work to make the command line tools is building the libs, after which building the server and its accessories is trivial work. ... Oh, well, never mind then *mumble mumble* ...
    • Re: Challenge for Linux and Windows
      ... While you can run sshd on windoze, ... Making full use of Linux capabilities, you can install a modern ... install time matters and justifies easily the work you ... AFAIK google is able to install 50-100 server at the same time. ...
    • copy a bunch of rile, then delete from source
      ... Copy a number of files (using a wildcard, like logapplication*.tar.gz) from one server to another ... I want to delete the files from the source server. ... Could rsync be of help? ... Ugo ...