starting remote server(s) with ssh

From: k l (yoda_2732002_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/21/04

    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:35:54 -0700 (PDT)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    How can I start a server on a remote
    host and disconnect while
    leaving the server running on the remote
    machine?

    I am trying sth like:
    ssh -n -x -l user host start_server.sh
    (I've used ssh-agent and ssh-add to enter
    my passphrase)

    The problem is that this keeps the ssh connection
    open(with or without output from the remote server).
    I would like to use this in a script which goes
    through a list of hosts and starts a server on
    each machine. I do not want to keep the ssh
    connection open or in the background as the list
    of remote hosts is fairly large.
    I am using OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 on Enterprise RedHat Linux
    v.3. This is probably a basic question that may
    have been covered on the list but I could not find
    an answer in the archives.

    Thank you for your help,

    kamen

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush